Must Have IOS and Android Apps
Here is a list of apps which I think should be on every device.
IOS and Android list is in no particular order:
- Facebook.IOS. Android. No intro needed
- Todo. IOS. Android. Mac and Windows. Great app to keep your todos. Best part is that you can sync list across multiple devices i.e Android, IOS, Mac, PC.
- Shazam. IOS. Android. Don’t know the song you’re listening to? Shazam it.
- iTV Shows. IOS. Android Tv Show Fav. If you’re like me following a number of different TV shows then this app is perfect for you. It gives you the airing date of the chosen shows with a brief intro. It can also send you alerts when your shows air.
- Team Viewer.IOS. Android. Mac.PC. It provides access to your windows or mac when you’re away.
- Dropbox. IOS. Android. Mac and PC. Online file storage accessible from anywhere where you have an internet connection.
- Evernote.IOS. Android. Mac and PC. Save your ideas, notes etc and access and sync them on multiple devices using cloud sync.
- Camcard. IOS. Android. Don’t waste time manually adding entries to your phone book. Take a picture and let cam card do the rest.
- Print Central Pro.IOS. Android Cloud Print. Print directly from your handheld to any printer connect to google cloud print.
- Glympse. IOS. Android.Next time you’re getting late and someone asks you how far away are you just open your glympse app, write their number or email and send them a glympse. They’ll be able to see exactly how far you are and watch your status live including your speed, direction etc.
- Epicurious. IOS. Android.Im not fond of cooking but this app is still a must have. Has a number of different recopies but what makes this a great app is to be able to make a meal from the available ingredients.
- Instagram. IOS. Android. No Intro needed.
- 1 Password Reader. IOS. Android. Mac and PC. Keeping track of all your login Id’s, credit cards etc can be tough. 1 password does this for you. If you enter any details in your browser 1password stores it. The next it can fill out everything with a single click. A MUST HAVE app.
- Flipboard. IOS. Android. Browse your news and RSS feeds the better way.
- PS Touch. IOS. Android. Photoshop for android. Need i say more?
Only available on Android. Sorry IOS users (Ive left out launchers but 2 great ones are Apex and Nova) Some apps require ROOT. Please refer to this for root.
- Air Droid. Lets you manage your Android from any web browser. Send messages, move files etc all without touching your device.
- Androget. Download accelerator which also lets you pause and resume downloads.
- Desktop Visualizer.Make your own custom widgets.
- Frostwire. Limewire like p2p for android.
- Goodsync. App to sync any folder on your Android with your windows or mac. Can be on local on via internet. All done wirelessly.
- ImediaShare. Live TV. Good thing about this app is that it can also stream to apple TV.
- Market Enabler. Changes the country to the one of your choice for downloading apps which are not available in your region.
- PicSpeed Wallpapers. Possibly the best wallpaper app
- QuickPic. By far the best and quickest album viewer available.
- Root Call Blocker. Can block calls based on a wide variety of rules.
- Solid Explorer. A great file explorer which lets you move between folders as well as email files.
- Titanium Backup. A MUST HAVE utility. It doesnt just back up the apps but also backs up the App data
- tTorrent Pro. If you download a lot of torrent then this is the app to have. Lets you download torrent directly on your device.
- Tubemate. Downloads youtube videos.
- VLC. An excellent media player which lets you play almost any file type.